Tuesday, December 14, 2010

MovieMaker

MovieMaker is an easy to use Microsoft tool which can be used in countless ways in a classroom context. When making my own movie I was excited to see all the different tools and ways to edit to make my work more visually appealing. I did however have many challenges uploading my movie to my blog due to a slow internet connection which I found very frustrating and time consuming. In the end though I was very impressed with the program and can see the potential it provides to me as a future Learning Manager.  Below is a SWOT analysis of the programme as well as an example of a movie which I have made.  
Strengths:
·         MovieMaker is straight forward to use and can be uploaded to global websites such as blogs.
·         Photos and video recording can be imported and saved to movies, allowing movies to be customised by students and Learning Managers.  
·         Provides opportunities for collaborative learning and peer teaching.
·          Students have the options to experiment with work with simple to use editing tools.  
·         Large range of functions available to edit film with.
·         Sound, music and audio can be added and included and manipulated with ease.
Weaknesses:
·         Not all computers have or run the software adding cost considerations.
·         Uploading to global and static websites can be time consuming especially with different qualities of internet connections.

Threats:
·         As with any program, security measures need to be taken when using images and videos from the internet.
Opportunities:
·         This program can be incorporated in to almost any subject or subject.
·         It allows for the opportunity to use different ICT tools such as cameras, voice recorders and video cameras.
·         This program provides opportunities for students to express themselves in an innovative and fun way.

No comments:

Post a Comment