Wednesday, November 3, 2010

My 1st Blog

Hi everyone,
This is my first Blog, as I have never created a blog before I was initially daunted by the process but would like to thank Bridie Wills for coaching me through the process, which turned out to not be as complicated as I first imagined. I have also developed the skill of uploading pictures which I will use to help make my Blog a more enjoyable space to visit. As I develop my skills for using this Blog I have come to realise the fantastic opportunities it can provide as a teaching tool, especially in the older grades.  
In a world which is becoming more and more technologically advanced, learning managers have to source technology to help engage learners and a Blog is an ideal way to do so.  A Blog can be incorporated into ICT lessons both in school time and as part of homework or assessment work.  Blogs can also be used as a facility to support learners in extension work for or for those who are absent from class for a period of time and need to be kept up to date on school work.
Under supervision and with clear and concise guidelines Blogs are a way for students to actively engage in modern technologies to submit work, ideas, questions or suggestions and is a great way for them to develop technologically socially acceptable etiquette known as  Netiquette’.
Warm Regards
Jess
Image Courtesy of :canonpalmermediastudies.blogspot.com

2 comments:

  1. The reference to Bridie - yes, this is what this course should be about. Networking, peer support, mutual learning. Because this is what learning design will expect in your own classroom!!

    And yes, it is not hard is it? Those literacies you have developed in your blog are transferable to all other online environments! So a huge step.

    I acknowledge your comments about bandwidth, particularly where you live, it can be a huge obstacle. Hopefully the broadband network (or alternative) will remedy that. But aside from the little technical difficulties, you are clearly able to identify benefits of blogging in your classroom. Do not just consider it for your extension students either. It is amazing how empowering it is for some students to be able to communicate flexibly without time limitations, or the visuals of somebody waiting for an answer. Often they perform very much better in an online environment!

    xxx W

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jess,
    I am happy to see that you have your blog up and running! Good work.
    I strongly agree with your 'concept mapping' blog and I like that way that you have utilised the SWOT way of analysing.
    I look forward to reading more of your blogs,

    Bridie Willis

    ReplyDelete